Checklist’s Are Good!
Checklists are good. That’s why plane travel is so safe. Sure, sometimes there’s a glitch but there are checklists for that as well which is why most drama’s in the air are retrieved!
If it all goes pear-shaped, at least you know they did everything possible rather than think back in regret, thinking “mmmm, I wonder if….”
So, let’s explore the daily and weekly focus you need to ensure you make the most of your Amazon business.
We always start with the customer and work back. After all, they’re the only reason you are in business. I know, sometimes it would be a lot easier without them!
1. Are you using Helium 10, ZonGuru, Feedback Whiz or a similar automated outbound email program to send out a “Thanks, is all OK and review please” email to your customers?
If not, then you MUST do this manually. We strongly recommend just one email on Day-3 after delivery.
More than that is just aimed at making you feel better than your customer! We want the best shot to get our email read, not “another one” and ignored/marked as spam when the content (encouraging a review) is what we have been building up to!
2. Check your Seller Central emails and your Seller Feedback twice a day for the rest of your life!
Amazon gives you 24 hours, our KPI is 12 but we average under 8. Customers love a prompt response. Never, ever miss checking…it will likely be the one time there is an issue needing your urgent attention!
3. If not using an automated program to monitor your low star Product Reviews, you MUST check for new reviews on your listings every day. Write a reply to any 1,2 or 3-star reviews.
Yes, it can be hard…but these affect sales so you had better try and answer their concern or other customers will assume you don’t care.
This is often an opportunity to subtly highlight the positives of your product so be proactive and just get it done.
4. The very second you get a refund notification from Amazon, reach out to the customer and ask why. The response rate is low but the replies you do get gives you great insight into product & sometimes packaging issues.
Most refunds are product quality issues = disappointed customers. A quick response can turn them around and you might just get a 5-Star review as your reward!
5. Check your Top-20 keywords are indexing once a week.
Yes, they can and do fall out! Remember, if any are missing you will NOT be found for that keyword = lost sales! Set a reminder in your diary. If you think you will remember then you already know that you won’t!
6. Cruise the web for signs your product has been hijacked. This can take many forms, not just in the market you are selling in.
You have to do everything you can to maintain control of your Brand, regardless of whether you are Trademarked or not. If you find a hijacker, smack them with a Cease & Desist letter fast. Most will retreat and go find someone else who is not so onto it.
It is certainly much easier to manage these situations if you are Brand Registered, so make that a priority to help you manage your Amazon business more effectively.
While there sees to be a never-ending list of things that need doing, a focus on these 6 areas will make a huge difference to the success of your Amazon business.
As always, ask us anything. If we don’t know the answer we’ll know someone who does!